As per the NAAC guidelines Unity College has constituted the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) on 21 st September, 2010. The IQAC of Unity College has become an integral part and working towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and subsistence. IQAC is a significant administrative body that is responsible for all quality matters. The prime responsibility of IQAC is to initiate, plan, supervise various activities, and to develop a system for consciousness, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions and also channelizing the efforts towards academic excellence. The success of IQAC depends upon the sense of belongingness and participation of all the stakeholders of the institution. IQAC is a statutory, facilitator unit or organ of the institution.
Unity College was accredited by NAAC in 2015 for the first Cycle, and completed its second cycle accreditation on 16 th November 2021.
The IQAC has evolved mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programs.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Functions of IQAC are as follows:
- Design feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional process.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- To coordinate the organization of workshops, seminars on quality themes and promotion of quality circles.
- To recommend to enhance infrastructure and other requirements for quality.
- To develop quality culture in the institution.
- To recommend strategies to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching learning process.
- To coordinate in preparation of the Annual Quality Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in Institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as a change agent in the institution.
- To improve internal communication.